Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sketches from the school year









These are some sketches I did during my second semester of college. One of the best things about going to Ringling is being able to learn from your peers. I go to school with some effin' AWESOME artists, and it's so much fun to look at all their different art styles.

The last page was drawn at the question and answer session with Don Hahn during the Sarasota Film Festival. That was probably the highlight of my year! Don Hahn is the producer of Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and the associate producer of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Basically, he produced some of the movies that made me want to be an animator! He talked about the need to take risks, and he said that one of the reasons he loved college students is because they aren't blinded by limitations. Afterwards, he signed my sketchbook and drew a little picture of himself in the lower right corner!

I miss Ringling so much.

No comments: